Sunday, February 10, 2008

Primary what?!?!



Well today I was sustained the Primary President of our ward. Scary, huh?

4 comments:

Randi said...

Holy cow, that's quite a calling! Congratulations...you'll do great!

The Downs Family said...

You'll do fine! Remember FAITH is how it all comes about- show a little, huh!

Briawna said...

I remember that feeling a few years ago with Young Women's. You just want to ask, "are you sure?" But you'll do a fantastic job and somehow things that aren't essential fall away, just like Elder Oaks said. Be prepared for big blessings.

The Birds said...

Tawni,
Hey!! Long time, eh?!! I just checked out Ashley's new blog and saw that you had posted on hers too so I checked you out. Anyway, it was so fun to catch up with you a little. What are you guys doing in Cali - school, work? and what part? Anyway, I was called to be the Primary President of our ward almost two years ago. I'll tell you, it's VERY overwhelming at first, but I cannot express to you in words how amazing the Lord's love is for his servants!! I see hundreds of little miracles throughout the day, just so I can make it. It never ceases to amaze me that the blessings just keep pouring out becuase I'm just TRYING to do what He wants me to do. You'll do great!!! I got 2 REALLY good pieces of advice that have really been life savers, one from my bishop and the other from the Stake Primary President. 1. Don't be afraid to throw your counselors into the "Lion's Den" with you and let them have the opportunity to grow by figuring out how to get out!! Really rely on them and they can be a GREAT strength to you!! and 2. To "magnify" your calling doesn't mean to make it bigger, it means to focus in on what is really important by simplifying! Anyway, I'm sure you'll receive a lot of advice, but from someone who is still walking in those shoes two years later, I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me. Good Luck!
~Chandi