
Motherhood is an interesting thing and what makes it more so is how it is different for everybody. Tang and I were talking about this yesterday how no one can tell you how many kids to have, how far apart to have them, how to raise them, or anything else, because each person can handle different things. Maybe someone really can't handle a certain situation, but someone else can. Hence the words of us all being able to handle the different situations God puts us in. I do have to ad how I got really crazy last night and did something unthinkable.... I colored Jasmine's outfit PINK, not blue. Yes, its true, I am a 'Wild Mama'!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Motherhood
Posted by california smiths at 9:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












13 comments:
Wild indeed!
Wow, tone it down there wild thing. I completely agree with you on what everyone can handle. I also like the old saying that if you want God to laugh, tell him your plan. It never turns out the way you think it is going too, but it always turns out for the best. By the way, I can not stand the smell of saliva either.
okay the saliva thing is funny! I totally have my things too! I just got home from a wonderful lunch at the local Subway and couldn't stop thinking of you as I was eating my choc. chip cookie! You are the one who got me hooked on those back from the days in high school, good times! Those were the days when we didn't have to worry about our weight or about getting saliva on us!
oh yeah and that picture of the kids is adorable! I just love Grant's blue eyes!
SO true, so true. And I love your perspective. I hate it when people start telling you when to have more kids and how you should raise them. Don't parents know best? I am sure my mom would laugh at me saying that. The thing about the saliva makes me laugh. I guess there are still things we learn about each other...apart from being roommies.
Good post! I was just thinking about this today! Great minds think alike. My life feels so crazy right now and I don't know how I'd handle another child! But then I remember the quote that says "If the Lord brings you to it he will bring you through it". By the way, your kids look adorable in that picture!
You make me laugh out loud! and I totally agree.. Saliva?? thats too funny! I can't handle vomit!
I totally cannot stand saliva either! The spitting scene in Titanic makes me want to throw up :) I don't know why, saliva has only been in your mouth - when you think about the other body fluids you have to deal with . . . !
i say just enjoy life and the kids. everything else will work out.
I am totally with you on the Saliva...It is so gross. Mercedes has just started chewing on her hands recently (I think maybe because she is teething...at least I am hoping that is the reason why) and when she gets near me I can smell it on her hands and I hate it so bad. She also likes to put her hands in her mouth and then touch everthing in sight...argh!! This really bothers me!! But then I look past it and think, how adorable she really is even though she sometimes is a grubby little girl. :)
This reminded me of Sunday School a few months ago. One guy raised his hand to express how he always felt judged for having 6 kids. Right after he finished a girl raised her hand and said how we shouldn't judge people who have fewer kids. It's so true....We don't know what other people's emotional, financial, physical or other situations might be.
I totally agree. People's eyes always get big when they see me coming with 3 kids. I get lots of fun comments. They don't know what there missing!
I agre with you on the motherhood thing. I always watched my sister's girls so when I had Katelyn they all fit together and it was easy, but when it took me four years to finally get a second baby it was so much harder. The boy girl thing and the space of age makes a big difference in how I have to deal with everyday life.
Post a Comment