Monday, June 9, 2008

Potty Training

I got inspired by a friend's post of potty training, so I ran out and bought "On Becoming Potty Wise", because I had done the sleeping book by the same author and loved it so much I thought if the potty one was half as good I would like it. So Friday we got all our treats and started the big job. I am happy to announce that yesterday Courtney stayed dry all of church and went to the bathroom the two times I took her during nursery 'just in case'. She still does pull ups to bed, but she is pretty much trained during the day and even comes and gets me if she needs to go instead of waiting for me to ask. YAY! For those of you who have gone through this know of my excitement. I think we will stay home the next couple of days and see if we can get her completely done, but I am so proud of the progress she has made all ready. I came into the room and found Courtney stacking blocks on the piano. I guess she discovered that Grant can't get to her there!

13 comments:

T said...

Yea!!!!!!! Way to go Courtney!!!!!! Way to go Tawni!!!!

Jon and Ashley said...

I think I may have to go buy that book. Livie is a little stubborn when it comes to potty training. Courtney is seriosuly such a beautiful little girl.

The Downs Family said...

Yippie! How fun for you!

Julie said...

I am so happy for you. Only one kid in diapers!!! I love how comfortable Courtney looks in the 1st picture!

Bingham Family said...

way to go! My Brance was so easy, which is weird for a boy. Morgan is horrible she will do good for a couples days and then be bad for a couple. She still has to have diapers at night and naps, so if you figure nights out let me know how??? I wish they were all easy. I hate cleaning up pee!!!

Em and AJ said...

Would you recommend the book? I can't wait until I can get Mercedes potty trained and only have one kid in diapers. :)

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

What a big deal!!! I hope it is still going well. I love the potty training stages.

Teriann said...

She does look comfortable with it :) Way to go Courtney - you are such a big girl!

The Reese's said...

yea courtney! can't wait to see you. come visit me!!

Joell said...

I am so going to get that book! I need all the help I can get! Hey my family and I are coming to San Diego this next week and I really would love to see you if at all possible! I don't even know where you live so I don't know how close that is to you. But drop me a line and let me know. jrigby14@msn.com or 801-547-7047! thanks!!

Sally said...

I need some good advice on the subject so I may have to look into that book. I'm sure I am just like every mother with their first child, you just don't know where to start!

Christensen Family said...

Yes I love that book! Glad that all is going well. Congrats to both of you.

kate said...

She deserves a Potty Party!!!