Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sea World

Adam left Sunday for a week in Philadelphia for work, so here are some pics for him of what we did today while he was gone! My friend Joell, from high school, called and said she was going to be in San Diego, so we drove down and met her at Sea World. (Adam got to go to the Red Socks/ Phili baseball game on Monday, so he gets to have some fun, too!)It was my first time there. Courtney loved everything about it. My mom flew down for the week, so we had another reason to make the trip down. They just opened a Sesame Street Play at the Bay there. Here is the Abby ride, it is just like the tea cups at Disneyland under a different name!

Courtney's favorite part of Sea World and the aquariums we have been to is the sea otters. We actually got fish to feed them and she got a kick out of it!The penguins were another favorite. The kids were not quite tall enough to stick there heads in this, so I am behind holding them both and none of us were very comfortable, but I liked the picture anyway.Courtney called Shamu, "Shampoo". We didn't sit in the soak zone, but she saw everyone else get wet and has told everyone she got wet by the whale. Here is a great action shot by my mom. So tired! Courtney literally fell asleep drinking her milk at night. My mom went and sat by her and took the milk away, and she just laid down on her lap. Pretty cute. I think Grant was just happy to not be the first to bed!

14 comments:

T said...

that is so cute!! I love sea world, did you get season passes?

kate said...

Jealousy!

The Reese's said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Teriann said...

It was such a fun day! Thanks for taking me with you - I loved spending the day with your family :)

The Downs Family said...

Sounds like lots of fun!

Jon and Ashley said...

That is so great that you were able to spend time with joell. I can't wait to take my kids to Sea World.

Brian Hanks said...

Shampoo! . . .ha!

Pam said...

AAHHH! I am so jealous. That looked like so much fun. Thats so great you got to see Joell. Your family is so adorable!

Christensen Family said...

That looked like a lot of fun! I've never been to Sea World. We'll have to go some time.

April Greener said...

That looks like so much fun! We love seaworld!

Bingham Family said...

Wow! I have always wanted to go there. I told Dusty the other day that we should go to san deigo and go to sea world and the zoo. I'm sure it will never happen but it was a good thought. how fun to see Joell, and to have your mom come stay!!!

Julie said...

Was it seriously your 1st time??? Why didn't we go there way back when. I love "Shampoo". Girl after my own heart!!

Angie said...

Tawni,
You travel and do more fun things than anyone I know. What a fun life you have! And those kids are soooo cute! Isn't Sea World the greatest? I love that place as well.

Joell said...

Sea was a blast and the best part was seeing you! Thanks again for meeting me there!