We went to San Diego for a couple of days. We stayed at the Hotel Del Cornado and mostly just relaxed. We went to the zoo and to downtown San Diego and Seaport Village. Our most enjoyable times were spent on the beautiful beach (gotta love Southern California in January!). We rented a bike that let four people pedal and two kids ride in the basket. It was such a blast we rented it again a few days later. It may only be an hour from home, but it was the perfect place to go get away!
Enjoying the beach.

Adam chasing Courtney.
The kids watching a movie and eating some Moo Time Creamery Ice Cream (there is an ice cream parlor right in the hotel-we got it every night :)
Enjoying the bike on the boardwalk.

Scenes from the zoo







Monday, January 5, 2009
San Diego
Posted by california smiths at 1:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












8 comments:
What fun! I have seen pictures of that hotel - it is famous ;)
looks like fun! i bet the kids had a blast on that bike! we should meet there one time :)
What an awesome bike. I went to San Diego one time with my senior class and I wasn't that big of a fan. (probably the company that was with me) But I can guarantee it would have been a lot better if I had gotten to ride one of those bikes!
That looks like a ton of fun! Looks like you had a great time. That bike is hilarious!
California in January is great! We always plan our vacations to Disneyland in January. It's so nice to walk around in short sleeves and it is not very crowded during that time.
Feeling very jealous of your warm weather right now...
How fun! Vacations close to home are always the best. I am also jealous of your warm weather!!
The Del is one of my most favorite places in the world! I love the history of the hotel...and I love Moo Time. It was also great to see Adam last week, and hopefully we will see you guys sometime in April when we come down to Huntington!
Remember visiting that hotel years ago... I think we may have had the ice cream then also. The bike looks fun too. It is like the new and improved tandom plus. :)
Post a Comment