We made an unexpected trip to Utah this past week for my grandma's funeral. It was a sad occasion, but happy because of the knowledge we will see her again. Courtney and her cousin Denver sang "I am a Child of God" at it, and it was so sweet. (Also helpful, as Courtney wouldn't give her talk in primary today, but happily sang a solo instead!)We all flew to Utah on Tuesday, had the viewing that night, the funeral the next day and then Adam ran to Provo to visit his sisters and cousins and then flew back to California for work. The kids and I stayed until Saturday and enjoyed our fun-yet cold time with family. When we flew home to Cali it was a beautiful 75 degrees and today hit 84! Fun to visit the snow, but I don't really miss the freezing temps!
Courtney sleeping on the plane. Both kids slept on the way there.
Playing with Grandma's doll house.
Beckham and Grant-only 6 weeks apart.
Playing in the snow.


We went down to the Children's museum (Treehouse) in Ogden. We went last time I was in Utah and really enjoyed it.
Here is Courtney in the fire truck.
Beckham and Grant playing in the 'kitchen'
Courtney and Denver loved the school and had Grandma be there teacher. 
On our last night there we did cake and ice cream for Courtney's birthday that is in a couple of weeks. 
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Utah
Posted by california smiths at 4:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












10 comments:
It was fun to have you here - can't you come once a month? Even though you came for a sad reason, we really enjoyed having you stay with us and letting us enjoy Courtney & Grant (Oh, and you and Adam ;)
I am going to Utah in a week. I am soooooo sad I missed you by such a short amount of time. Mom said she talked with you for a short second. She Loved Courteny and Denver's song.
It's ironic. The day you were flying in, we were flying out, also visiting home for my Grandpa's funeral (who was in your Grandma's Ward). I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It's wierd huh, being excited to go home, for such difficult circumstances. It must make it easier because we know we will see them again. Then, just like you, Molly was riding her bike in 80 degree weather the day we got back. Miserable cold.
cute pictures! i should update my blog sometime :)
I was sad to hear about your grandma. We are certainly so blessed with the knowledge we have of seeing our loved ones again.
As always your kids are adorable!
I LOVE your family picture! You look really pretty with that hair style Tawni! You have such a beautiful family:)
I am jealous that you get to live in sunny California! I'm so ready to move somewhere warm! It's fun to have a white Christmas but for me after that it gets old fast. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, but I'm glad you had a good trip to Utah.
I am glad that you got to come visit your family in Utah, but sad that it was for a funeral. It looks like your kids had a fun time being with their cousins.
My Mom told me about your grandma, I am so sorry. It is great having the gospel and the knowledge that we will see them again. Your grandparents were in my ward growing up and were both such wonderful inspiring people.
We loved seeing Adam that weekend! I am sure it was a lot of fun to see your family, even though it was freezing cold. You guys looked like you had a great time.
Post a Comment