Took Ashley for her 4 month check up yesterday and talked to the doctor about her not napping. The girl sleeps 7pm-7am, but takes MAYBE two 30 minutes naps a day. Doesn't get cranky or anything, just wants to be up. BUT I NEED HER NAPS :) The doctor said most moms would trade me for a baby to sleep through the night and not nap. I am not so sure.....which would you prefer?....
BTW she is 24 1/2 inches (50%) AND 14lbs 6oz (70%) and doing great :)
Friday, October 16, 2009
Night time sleeping or naps?
Posted by california smiths at 9:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












8 comments:
Wow! I personally need both. A FULL night's sleep and at least an hour nap in the middle of the day! At least she is happy. Good luck! :)
I have this same issue with Layla. She usually sleeps through the night but I actually prefer it if she wakes up around 5 and eats and then goes back to sleep until around 9. It gives me some time alone with Annabelle in the morning to get her ready and fed. But then I find that she doesn't want to nap much in the day. She did until a few weeks ago but since then it's very minimal. I personally would like her to nap during the day. But maybe I just want what I don't have. I should be happy she already sleeps through the night!
So true, Sally! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, I just like the break during the day to just rest! But I guess those days will come :) Be happy with what I have, because I am very lucky with it.
i need my sleep at night so i'd go for that. you'd be alot crabbier if you woke up alot at night then if you didn't get that hour of time during the day. so quit complaining :)
I'm so glad someone else had this "problem" Everyone told me to stop complaining cause he slept so well at night!! He DID grow into naps though... so maybe she will too!! Good Luck!
My vote and preference is that the kids sleep all through the night for sure!!! I can live without a nap or getting things done but nothing beats a full night of uninterrupted rest by far! I'm such a better mom when I am sleeping though the night!
We had our struggles with Ashton taking good naps for about the first 6 months (his night sleeping too). He eventually grew out of it and started taking longer naps and sleeping better. I have decided that every child is different in how much sleep they need because Sadie takes longer naps than Ash and needs them. They all come so different...good luck with the napping situation with Ashley. It is frustrating when they aren't doing things how you would like them too! :)
I need BOTH! Aleena was the same for a long time. A good night sleeper and a short napper. Her naps finally lengthened little by little. I do think I handled it better when she was sleeping through the night.
Post a Comment