
Me: "It's raining, it's pouring the old man is snoring. He went to bed and he bumped his head and he couldn't get up in the morning"
Courtney: Who is the old man?
Me: I don't know.
Courtney: Is it Grandma Johnsen?
Me: No
Courtney: Well I don't know the old man's name.
Me: I don't either.
Courtney: Well why didn't he get up in the morning.
Me: Because he bumped his head.
Courtney: Well did he die?
Me: No, he is just tired.
Courtney: Then why did he bump his head?
Me: Never mind, Courtney.....
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Never Mind....
Posted by california smiths at 1:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












8 comments:
That girl is a thinker. Nothing gets by her.
some things you just don't try to explain to kids. i would have just made up a name and been done at the beginning of that conversation :)
It never occured to me to make up a name. I will do that if I ever brave singing the song to her again!
I had a somewhat similar conversation with Livie the other day. It didn't end up with a satisfactory answer either. Dang four year olds outsmarting us.
So many why questions...sometimes like you said, you just have to say "never mind"!!!! ;)
She is the 'why' child ;)
lol funny girl!
I love it! Brittan is the same way. I was laughing by the end.
Post a Comment