Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Courtney's Deep Thought

So I was hurrying the kids to go to the bathroom and get their shoes on so we could go to the grocery store. Courtney wanted to wear her tie up shoes and I kept telling her to just put on some slip-ons because I didn't want to tie them for her (*bad mom, I know!). I kept telling her to just hurry and get her shoes on when she said, "Mom, we are not going to be late". I just stopped and thought, "She is right." We were heading to the grocery store. It didn't matter what time we got there. I needed to slow down, take the time to tie my daughters shoes that she wanted to wear and relax. Sometimes it is nice to have a daughter wise beyond her years to remind me, "We are not going to be late"....

3 comments:

The Reese's said...

it's so true. i need to slow down more often about stuff that really doesn't matter.

Teriann said...

That is advice we all need. Thanks Courtney :)

Em and AJ said...

Such true advice and out of "the mouth of a babe." I think we all could slow down life a little bit and just chill a little more. So fun to see you today, have a safe trip to Utah and have fun seeing Tangi's new baby.