I am hosting a baby shower next week and have seen this idea at a couple of showers here in California. My family had never seen it, so I am posting the process so they know what in the world I am talking about!
Start with a paper towel roll taped to cardboard (you can buy a 10" cake cardboard thing at Michaels, I go for free though ;)
I bought a 50 pack of size 1 pampers for $8.99. Roll them and secure them with an elastic. Then circle them around the paper towel roll with a bigger elastic holding them into place.
Second layer...
Third layer...
Then tie a cute ribbon around each layer to hide the elastics.
Then decorate! I went off the girl's registry and coming out of the top are tights and a bottle brush. Hanging off it are binkies and the binkie attachments and some bibs. 
The entire thing cost $23.90 and took about 20 minutes to put together.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Diaper Cake
Posted by california smiths at 1:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












6 comments:
My sister-in-law made me one of these for my shower a few years ago. It is a very cute idea and useful too. I love the pink and red ladybug fabric you used.
so cute! i'm going to try it sometime, and now i understand what you are talking about ;)
I make those all the time they are way fun!
Way cute!! I like to makes those as well. I have added travle size lotion and wash ect... to mine but never the binki's and wash clothes, that's a good idea!!!
So stinking cute! We will have to do one for Tori's shower :) Thanks for sharing your steps because I have never seen one before!
Thanks for posting that!! I wondered hoe people did that. Very cute!
Post a Comment