We've had a busy couple of weeks. My mom came and stayed with us for 9 days. We enjoyed visiting the beach, temple, parks and petting zoo. I was able to get in dentist and hair appointments! And Adam and I were able to sneak away to the Dodger/Yankee game, Knight and Day movie, and Eclipse (once I got to go with my mom, once with Adam)! We took great advantage of a babysitter and the kids LOVED spending time with Grandma Teriann!
An early birthday present for Grant....
The beach!

Gasol from the Lakers threw out the opening pitch of the game. I may be starting to soften on the Lakers....
Visiting the Newport Beach Temple

The petting zoo. It is a mile from where we used to live and we used to visit it a couple times a week. Courtney has a best friend there. A bull named Billy. She LOVES that bull. There was a new cow in his pen when we got there. Upon asking where he was, we discovered he died on May 9th, due to old age and arthritis. Courtney sobbed (and we just told them they moved his to a different farm). She came home and had me print and frame this picture of them and she has it next to her bed. Above her bed are about ten pictures she drew of her and Billy....
Taken last August....
After she found out he wasn't there.
Ashley meeting the milking cow.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Catch Up
Posted by california smiths at 1:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












6 comments:
she totally reminds me of denver! looks like lots of fun but i'm glad grandma is back so i can have a babysitter again ;)
That was one of the best trips I have had - I loved every minute of it! Wish you lived closer . . .
Mom's are the best!!! That is so sweet of courtney to love the bull. So cute and sad at the same time.
Tawni, your kids are so cute I can ALMOST forgive you for softening towards the Lakers. Don't give in! :-)
What a sad day for Courtney! I felt the same way when I got back from my mission and found out that the polar bear at Hogle Zoo died!
It is so nice to have mom's come and visit, they are always the best babysitters! :) So sad that Courtney's favorite bull died, but that is so cute that she wanted you to frame that picture of her and the bull.
Post a Comment