Monday, March 31, 2008

My Big Girl

Friday afternoon my mother-in-law gave us a bed for Courtney. We had a place in our shed cleared out for it, but Courtney just sobbed for "Courtney's bed" so we pulled out the mattress and let her sleep on it. She did fine this weekend, so last night we took down the crib and put up the bed. *sniff* I never thought it would be this difficult to see your little girl sleep in a big girl bed. They grow up so fast! She loves it. These kids just amaze me everyday.




Just a side note, during singing time in primary yesterday the chorister asked the kids what they would ask Jesus if he was standing next to them (due to the words in the song we were singing). One little boy raised his hand and said he would ask him to explain the scriptures in Ether because he didn't understand them. The chorister was a little shocked and said, "Well I thought you guys would ask 'why do you have a beard?' or 'how do you walk on water'. Then a little girl raised her hand and said she would ask him to heal those who were sick around her. Well by then, the chorister is crying and all the adults in primary were touched by the sweet spirits of these little children. I know that so many people dread primary, but I leave every Sunday uplifted and touched by the spirit from serving these little children of God. I love my calling in Primary. I have realized I need to enjoy every minute of these little kids, because before we know it they are all grown-up. And doing more grown-up things than moving to a big girl bed!!

6 comments:

The Reese's said...

i'm glad you enjoy primary because it's one of those callings i dread. i guess i need an open mind. and be glad she's in a bed now. they have so much more independence that way, i think it's great.

me said...

that is such a good feel good story. kids do grow up fast as the saying goes "don't blink"

Angie said...

I LOVE my primary calling as well. I think its got to be one of the best callings in the church. I just wish more grown ups could think on the same line as these cute, innocent children. The world sure would be a better place. I know what you mean about growing up fast. My little girl is turning 1 this month!

Jon and Ashley said...

I had a hard time when Dyl moved to a big kid bed too. It is always hard to see them move from stage to stage. I love substituting in primary. The kids do have such special spirits.

Joell said...

Cute Bed! Ellie went to a big girl bed when she was only about 16 months old, just before Hudson was born. She loves it! I teach the 12 & 13 year olds in Sunday School and by this time their sweet lillte spirits are a little harder to find! Primary would be fun and uplifting!

The Downs Family said...

How sweet! I miss primary!