Monday, May 19, 2008

New York!

Adam and I just got back from a vacation to New York. We left Tuesday night and drove to Vegas to leave the kids with my mother-in-law and then we flew out early Wednesday morning. We stayed at a hotel over looking Times Square, which was perfect because we could easily walk everywhere and had lots of subway entrances close to us. We were able to see 'Wicked' which was amazing and had tickets to the Yankee's vs. Met's baseball game. We got the stadium, took our pictures, then were sent home because of rain. Yea...that was pretty rough, but other than that the trip was amazing. (If anyone wants great seats for the rescheduled game on Sept 29, let me know.... :)




We walked all over the financial district, battery park, central park, and everything in between. A favorite of ours was standing outside Fox News and seeings some of our favorite anchors like Megan Kelly and Bill Hammer. Though the day we went to the Today Show just happened to be the first time ever that New Kids on the Block were performing together since forever ago and there was people camped out for days. Well not people... but old women...We ended our trip by going to the temple for sealings and a session then to a deli for a giant pastrami sandwhich.



















We had so much fun, but were ready to come home and see the kids. No matter how long you leave them for, they always seem to grow a ton. Grant is crawling like a mad man, no hesitation there anymore. It is nice to finally have another mobile child. Hopefully he will get the walking down soon. Courtney was taught all the bones in her body by her nurse grandma. Ask her where her phalanges or patella are and she will point right at them! It's nice to be home!

9 comments:

The Downs Family said...

Super fun!!- and a late Happy Birthday!

The Reese's said...

looks like fun. always great to get away alone for a few days.

Jon and Ashley said...

That looks like so much fun! You guys are so lucky. It's amazing how much kids grow when you never see them. I would love to go to New York.

Julie said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I love New York. I hope I can talk Aaron in to making the short trip sometime in the near future...

Angie said...

What a world traveler you are! How fun. The day you were at the Today Show watching New Kids on the Block, I was actually watching from home. I didn't catch a glimpse of you, though.

Hootie & Chrissi said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip. I'm sorry your game got rained out, that stinks. If you don't get rid of the tickets, let me know. I need a good excuse to visit New York someday. I could fly there last minute. Cute pics.

Bingham Family said...

Fun! I loved New York when I went and seen nanny Lacy. I would love to go back. That's not really Dusty idea of vacation...he gets lost in Ogden. May be a girls get away!

Not to use your blog, but Tangi I can't see your blog so if you get this please let me in thanks.

Christensen Family said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun! You're room was so high up. I would be afraid to look down (I'm afraid of heights). It is always so hard to leave the kids.

Brian Hanks said...

I can't believe the game was rained out! That sucks!