Tuesday, July 29, 2008

5.4!

Yikes! Talk about a scare! We had a 5.8 (then downgraded to a 5.4) earthquake at lunch time today. My friend from church had just left my apartment and was in the parking lot when it happened! I am sure it was quite a scare for her :) Courtney slept through the last one, and this one just about did her in. She just kept crying asking what happened. It was the biggest earthquake LA has felt in 15 years. It is official. California is going to fall into the ocean!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25918120

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Move back to UTAH! :)

Jon and Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, that must have been so scary. I'm glad you guys are okay. If California falls into the ocean, I guess we will have beach front property! But don't worry, we will need the ocean to put out the fire that the strip is going to burst into.

Teriann said...

Poor Courtney - how did you explain it to her? I agree with Ginger - move to Utah!

Christensen Family said...

That would be very scary. I've never been in one before. My husband is from Southern California and says that they happen all the time. I still don't think that I could get used to it though. I'm glad you're okay.

Goldie said...

Wow! That was a big one. I totally felt the earth move under my feet, and the car was moving too! I'm so glad you were all okay! Thanks for a fun day by-the-way.

Julie said...

Now that I know you are OK Aaron wants me to tell you he told you so... :) stay safe.

Joell said...

Yikes is right! I agree with Ginger get your butt back here while you still can!