Friday, October 10, 2008

Bird Feeder


In school Courtney made a bird feeder. She was so excited to set it out and have the birds come eat it. We set it on our railing outside, and she got her stool and sat in the kitchen window and waited....and waited...and waited some more. I finally talked her into just checking on it later, so she got down. She then would all the sudden say, "I hear a 'Caw', a bird is here" and she would run back to the window and nothing was there. No bird has visited her feeder all day. As a parent this is absolutly heartbreaking....

7 comments:

The Reese's said...

that breaks my heart too. maybe you can sneak out and make it look like a bird ate some and show her. that would make me feel better

california smiths said...

That is actually what Adam said he would do when he got home from work. (Guess good parents think a like!) So when he gets home he is going to take some and sprinkle some crumbs and come in and tell her the birds ate it.

Jon and Ashley said...

Ohhh, that made me so sad! I was going to tell you to go buy a bird and tie it to your sill, but I think Tangi's idea is a little more humane.

JonandLo said...

That looks tasty...if I were a bird I would definitely eat it! PS- I hear Courtney has a boy friend=)

PPS-Utah is cool...I just HATE the cold. HATE HATE HATE

Bingham Family said...

How fun! I hope it works out! i like your plan, GOOD LUCK!

Teriann said...

Oh - this makes grandma sad too :( I wish I could force some bird to come and eat from it! Tell her that I love her bird feeder.

April Greener said...

We had the SAME thing happen at our house and I did what Tangi said to do...I made it look like the birds had eaten some for quite a few days until "it was gone"!

I explained (lied :( ) that the birds were probably a little scared to eat in front of us so they ate up the yummy food when we weren't watching.

I wish some real birds would have eaten it but when that didn't happen this mommy bird had to step in!