Monday, October 6, 2008

YAY DODGERS!!!!

It was a great weekend of TV in our house :) Conference was wonderful and uplifting as always. I loved President Uchtdorf's talk in the relief society's broadcast especially. And Elder Bednar never seems to miss. So while we were enjoying the talks from our general authorities during the day, we got to see some great baseball at night. The Dodgers were able to sweep the series on Saturday night.

We have some great neighbors. They moved in right after us and to my great joy it was a stay-at-home mom with a baby a couple of months younger than Grant. We are together a couple of hours every day. It is so nice to have someone to trade babysitting with when we have doctor appointments or need to run to the store and don't want to take the whole crew. We get along great, and I know we were meant to be neighbors and friends.

So Saturday we had a Dodger party/bbq (and Sunday night it was a party for the Angels- YAY to them for not getting swept, good luck tonight Angels!!). Here are some pics from the night.

Adam and I getting ready!

The kids getting to eat first.

Adam and Phil doing our 'bbq'ing. Our apartment doors face each other and we have a little patio we share so we love to use it for talking in this beautiful southern california weather!

Summer, Courtney, Grant, and Luke playing during the game.

A picture Courtney took of Adam and I showing our team spirit.

8 comments:

The Reese's said...

looks like fun. it's nice to have neighbors like that when you have to so close to people. go red sox!

Jon and Ashley said...

You two are so cute! It is so nice to have good friends.

The Birds said...

Fun times!! Hope you enjoyed a week off , if you know what I mean!- I sure did!!! Your kiddos are so cute. Courtney is a beauty! And I LOVE that she and Porter are such great buds! My sister and Jason Udy used to be inseperable (?) when they were little and it's still so fun to remember cute things they did! Good luck with your Primary Program if you haven't already had it. Ours is at the end of the month and I'll be glad when it's over, but then of course there's Priesthood Preview and new classes...etc...etc..etc. The work is NEVER done! But, I wouldn't change it for the world!!!
~Chandi

Larkin Family said...

Hey! You and your family are so dang cute! I love to look at your blog and see what you guys are up to in Cali. Provo is beautiful right now...so we are taking advantage before the dreaded snow comes! Eric is super busy with school and work...and Connor is almost walking. He will be one in about a month. Time flies!

Brian Hanks said...

The DODGERS??? Seriously?? Oh man... we need to talk...

Joell said...

It's so good to have good friends especially when you live far away from family!

Bingham Family said...

We enjoyed this weekend as well. We were excited for the Dodgers! We love baseball! That is really cool to have a close friend like that.

Goldie said...

I love the pictures of you and Adam. Very cute! How fun to have great neighbors!!