I just have to let out a huge sigh of relief...."whoooooosh". Ok, I feel SO much better! Today was our primary program. It was my first since be called to primary president. I knew it would go good (and even if it didn't no one would care, really), but I made myself sick over it. I had nightmares about the kids not showing up, or the program going to short. I said some opening comments and have to admit when I stood up, I just started to cry. Being the primary president is a lot of work. But I love it. I can't believe how the past year has let me fall in love with and care so much about all the little children in our ward. I loved how many kids had the parts memorized (way to go moms!) and they sang so loud. It is a huge weight off my shoulders....for a day at least, primary is in charge of the trunk or treat on Tuesday, so when THAT is over, life will seem like there is not a care in the world! 

Sunday, October 26, 2008
Primary Program
Posted by california smiths at 4:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












8 comments:
You have an adorable primary :) I can totally relate to the relief! Everything always goes as planned (almost - remember when the fire alarm went off during sacrament meeting once?)
I hope you got a nap - you deserve it after the program ;)
The primary program was today in our ward as well. I love to watch the kids. So cute. Rhett loved it as well. He was glued to the front of the chapel. We didn't have to read books, play toys or eat treats at all today in Sacrament. It was so nice.
Your primary is so cute! That must be a lot of pressure for you. I hope the trunk or treat goes well for you also.
ours was yesterday too. i just love them and cant' wait for next year when denver is in it. neither can he though. glad it went good1
I can't believe you primary pres. that would be a tough calling. I'm sure it was an awesome program. Good luck with trunk or treat!
I am so impressed you are the primary president and have 2 young kids! You are amazing!
Our ward just had the primary program too. You primary presidencies do such a good job with that and I know you put so much work into it. Thank you from all the mom's out there!
YAY for you!!!! I know how you feel - EXACTLY! Ours was the same day too and honestly, it's the Lord's program, so you know you can't fail!! BUT, it's STILL stressful! This was my 3rd as president and my 5th since I've been in the Primary Presidency and it's still stressful, but it DOES get easier!
~Chandi
Post a Comment