Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chocolate Licorice

Let me tell you about my love, Chocolate Licorice. It started from before I can remember. My family (minus dad) never went anywhere without stopping at the Bear River store for a bag of chocolate licorice to take with us. I love the stuff, I am not sure if it is the taste or just the emotional attachment, but I can't get enough of the stuff. Just imagine my horror when I got to Georgia on mission and *GASP* it was no where to be found. It had to be another country, I mean how could they NOT have chocolate licorice. Luckily I had a very supportive mother who would send boxes of the stuff so I could keep up on my addiction. (THANKS AGAIN!).

I mean seriously, doesn't your mouth just water when you see it?!?!

Well I had yet another rude awakening when I moved to California....again no chocolate licorice to be found. Very depressing. Then one day I walked into the CVS around the corner from me and *TADA* there it was. Chocolate licorice. I almost cried. I enjoyed walking over there every once in a while to indulge again in my childhood candy of choice. Well I would like to public announce that CVS no longer has chocolate licorice and would like a moment of silence..... (yes this is a not so subtle plea for chocolate licorice for Christmas from my Utah family).....

7 comments:

kate said...

How could anyone NOT love the stuff!?!

The Reese's said...

you're a dweeb, and hint taken: we'll bring some down to you this weekend.

Bingham Family said...

You are funny! I totaly remember eating licorice with you and Tang. Be careful or you might have more than you can handle!!!

Joell said...

You are so funny! I also love Chocolate licorice which is funny because I hate chocolate! But I hav3e never had a traumatic parting with as you have so many times! Good luck and I hope that isn't all you get for Christmas!

Teriann said...

Thanks for the reminder to pick up some chocolate licorice before we even think of heading out for the weekend :)

Brian Hanks said...

Chocolate licorice? Yuck! Glad you like it because it leaves more of the good candy for the rest of us.

Julie said...

What kind of state do you live in. They even sell chocolate licorice in Cleveland and it is like another planet out here...