Tuesday, May 12, 2009


Today is my birthday. And what do you do on your birthday when your husband is at work and you have no family close by? You take your kids to Disneyland!

At the main entrance there is a little trolley pulled by a horse. Courtney has always wanted to ride it. But who wastes their time at Disneyland riding the trolley when there are more important rides to get too? I'll tell you who. A 35 week pregnant mom with two toddlers who is tired of walking :) We happened to have the Disneyland Quartet jump on our trolley and saw my birthday pin, so they sang Happy Birthday to Tawni all the way down Main Street (their mikes are connected to speakers). Very embarrassing, but I guess a once in a life time experience, right?



We had a lot of fun, though we missed Adam. To bad husbands have to be the reponsible ones and earn money to make it possible for us to go out and do these sorts of things!

13 comments:

Teriann said...

What a fun way to spend your birthday! I am jealous :) I am glad Courtney finally got to ride the trolley and the kids probably LOVED having Happy Birthday sung to you!

Bingham Family said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great day. sounds like most of it has been, how fun!

Chantalle said...

So fun! And Happy Birthday! Wow- 35 weeks? That is great. You are always that much ahead of me...which this time around is a GREAT thing as I am not ready yet :) I know it will be harder to blog with three, but keep it up- I want to know what life is like!

Unknown said...

Glad you guys had fun! Wish I could have been there. Happy Birthday Honey!

Tristan said...

I'm not sure trekking through Disneyland 8 months pregnant without a husband to help with kids sounds like fun to me. You are a trooper! But I'm glad you had a fun birthday and got sung to on the trolley! Happy Birthday!

Red Rock Motors Inc. said...

Happy Birthday!!

Laura Thompson said...

Melia was totally excited about that trolly too when we went--so we are the other people that ride that trolly. :) Happy birthday, by the way!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday, Tawni! I am glad you took time to do something fun despite the fact that your husband couldn't be with you. You're always doing that, and I love it! It's got to be fun having Disneyland so close, though. You seem to take advantage of that which is great!

Goldie said...

How fun! Happy birthday. I went to Disney for my birthday this year too. It was a lot of fun.

Sally said...

What a good mom, taking your kids out alone on your birthday. Hope you had a great day!

Em and AJ said...

Happy Birthday and way to go taking your two toddlers to Disneyland, 8 months prego. I think that would stress me out, so hats off to you. Hope that it was a great day and how fun to be so close to Disneyland. :)

kate said...

What a fabulous way to party for your birthday! {your kids are still as adorable as ever!}

Happy Birthday!

Pam said...

Hello cute Tawni! You look darling pregnant! I just picture you being the most patient, loving, fun mother!