We were blessed to get to take the kids to Hawaii this past week with Adam's grandparents and all the family with kids UNDER 10. That's right. We had 9 kids under 5, 3 under 1, and a total of 13 kids and 13 adults. It was a blast. The kids were super good on both the 5 1/2 hour flights and one hour drive to the north shore hotel we stayed at.
We stayed at the Turtle Bay Resort.
Visiting the temple (which has been closed for 18 months already with no date to reopen)
A visit to the Dole Plantation (mostly just to ride the train through the pineapple fields)

A visit to the Polynesian Cultural Center and night show.


Adam's grandpa shows a lot of support to the Polynesian Cultural Center. This is one of the villages honoring him. Everywhere we went the people were giving him presents and love. It is a wonderful place to go :)
The best thing that could have happened to the kids-- a horse ride on the beach.


Second best thing was the pool at the hotel (which included a slide and waterfall) then the beach.





Beautiful Hawaii can wear you out!


As we left the hotel Friday, Courtney sat crying in backseat (big fat tears) because she wanted to move to Hawaii, she said "Mom, it is unfair of Heavenly Father to put Hawaii so far away. He should move it closer... like to Vegas."
Wow, I could post pics all day, so I will quit! We had so much fun sharing this experience with the kids and just hope they remember it! :)
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Hawaii
Posted by california smiths at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












8 comments:
looks like so much fun!
I love your pictures! It looks like you all had a great time. Love the big grin on Grant when he is on the horse, in the water, etc. :) Looks like fun!
That looks so wonderful. I would love to take my family there someday.
How wonderful!!
HAHAHA!! You're little girl is so hilarious! I second that! Hawaii should be in Vegas!
What a fun trip! So glad we could experience it with you guys. Now we can't wait for Surf n Sand!
Lucky for you guys! That's so much fun! How many kids actually get to go to Hawaii!?! I hope they remember it too!
How fun! Looks like such a blast and I feel the same way Courtney does, I wish Hawaii were closer. We miss our days that we lived in Hawaii. I loved seeing all your pictures because it brought back all the memories of when AJ and I were there. Is this the Grandpa that was your mission president? I can't wait to be able to take my kids there someday. :)
Post a Comment